Friday, July 17, 2015

A day to remember

Again, we took the 3 kids (14, 14, almost 13) against their will on a 1/2 day adventure and hike and again, they ended up loving it.  Picturesque town, gorgeous bluff views of Lake Michigan, and plenty of opportunities for picture-taking.  I read an article somewhere this week advising on ways to get along with your teenager, and I've decided to try some of the techniques.  My 3 are not into the 'terrible teen' phase at all, but their attitudes (mainly toward each other) can be NOT FRIENDLY at times. (I still prefer teens over toddlers.)   So when we announced we were taking them on a short road trip and another hike I deflected the groans and eyerolls by promising photo opps (I'm telling you, they can't resist a good Instagram post) and food.  So we took off and I even sat myself in the dreaded third row seat and let one of them sit up front with dad.  The bluff hike was short and pretty, lunch at Joe's Friendly Tavern hit the spot, and afterward we walked to the beach before heading home.  A pretty perfect day!  This is a direct quote:  "I loved it there!"  Success. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment